There is no denying the popularity of Minecraft, in 2020 there were 126 million players across Xbox, Playstation & Nintendo Switch*!
Anyway, we thought we’d take our gardening passions into the virtual world, so Whatshed is seeking to recruit a collective of virtual landscape gardeners to provide professional advice to players looking to improve their in-game outdoor space.
Key skills required
- A working knowledge of Minecraft is essential
- Strong communication skills
- Creative flare
- Confidence in remote working
- While not essential, previous experience in landscape gardening is beneficial. A passion for gardening/the outdoors must also be demonstrated.
- Evaluate a client’s current set up and provide creative feedback
- Provide clients with suggested setups that stay within their budget and explain the reasoning behind each of these choices
- Create multiple designs for each client should they desire a redesign in the future
- Remote working
- Gain valuable experience talking to clients and experimenting with different styles
- Get paid to play Minecraft
Successful consultants will get paid upwards of £50 an hour for their services when hired, but will be able to set their own rates and work flexibly.
If this still sounds like the dream role for you, please fill in the form below:
UPDATE: Thank you for your interest in this position. We’re experiencing an unprecedented level of applications and as such will only be able to contact successful applicants after the closing date on 16th April. It will take us a few weeks to go through everyone’s application fairly so please do bear with us during this time. Good luck, and thank you again!
Please note: we will be unable to respond to all applicants.
Looking to hire a Minecraft landscape gardener? Register your interest with this form.